Environmental Education for Primary Teachers and Leaders
Friday 28th April 2023
9.30am - 3.00pm
Quarry Wood Road, Marlow
Buckinghamshire, SL7 1RE
to spend the day in the beautiful riverside setting of Longridge;
- Exploring ways to move your school forward in Environmental Education;
- Discovering practical learning experiences to inspire your children;
- Networking with like-minded teachers and school leaders who are excited about making a difference for their pupils.
The National Picture: An overview of the current National Picture including The
Sustainability and Climate Change strategy; creating effective Climate Action
Plans, and understanding the new school-based role of Sustainability Lead.
- Savvy solar skills! creating solar circuits, solar car races and even cooking our afternoon tea in
a solar cooker.
- From polluted to pristine: We will test the water
quality of the Thames river and explore ways of using scientific data to make a difference in our local environments, embedding real experiences in geography and science lessons.
- Increasing the wildlife in your setting: We will look at technology such as night wildlife cameras and interactive mapping to capture data on
biodiversity in our school grounds. We will look at 5 ways to use this data
within the maths and science curriculum and explore fun and practical ways to
increase the wildlife in our settings.
- Edibles and minibeasts: We will explore the creative use of school gardens and ponds and ways to
develop deep learning experiences across the curriculum.
- Learn about Eco-anxiety - how to prevent it and 3 key approaches that empower pupils to become agents of change.
Connections and next steps:
- Networks and resources: We will explore a range of useful resources and networks that are available to support further learning and development. Some time will be allocated for discussing with others, sharing ideas or working on your school plan.
COST: £145 (lunch included)
Early bird booking rate: if you book before March 31st 2023 the cost is £95 with a complimentary copy of the book 'Tomorrow is too late' (words of wisdom, wit and conviction by young climate activists).
Limited spaces: Book here